Design a Geometry class with the following methods:
- A static method that accepts the radius of a circle and returns the area of the circle. Use the following formula:
- Area = π * r * 2
- Use Math.PI for π and r for the radius of the circle
- A static method that accepts the length and width of a rectangle and returns the area of the rectangle. Use the following formula:
- A static method that accepts the length of a triangle’s base and the triangle’s height. The method should return the area of the triangle. Use the following formula:
- Area = Base x Height x 0.5
The methods should display an error message if negative values are used for the circle’s radius, the rectangle’s length or width, or the triangle’s base or height.
Next write a program to test the class, which displays the following menu and responds to the user’s selection:
- Calculate the Area of a Circle
- Calculate the Area of a Rectangle
- Calculate the Area of a Triangle
Enter your choice (1-4):
Display an error message if the user enters a number outside the range of 1 through 4 when selecting an item from the menu.
Breaking it down
Main and user menu choice method
Calculate Circle Area
Calculate Rectangle Area
Calculate Triangle Area
- Geometry calculations are common, examine if there is open source libraries or libraries within the JDK that perform these calculations. What are some reasons why you would to find a common library?
- Write unit test for Geometry class